Digital Daily Gun News Website

BREAKING :
CNN’S ALISYN CAMEROTA DESERVES PRAISE FOR PUSHING 2020 DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE BETO O'ROURKE ON HIS GUN CONFISCATION SCHEME. HE HAD PREVIOUSLY SAID HE EXPECTED GUN OWNERS TO HAND OVER THEIR "WEAPONS OF WAR." CAMEROTA POINTED OUT THE ABSURDITY IN O'ROURKE'S VIEWS AND REMINDED HIM THAT MASS SHOOTERS DON'T FOLLOW THE LAW, SO HIS DESIRE TO BAN "ASSAULT WEAPONS" IS USELESS. NATIONAL GUN CONTROL GROUPS ARE POURING MONEY INTO VIRGINIA AHEAD OF THE STATE'S NOVEMBER LEGISLATIVE ELECTIONS, SEEKING TO ENERGIZE VOTERS FRUSTRATED BY THE WAY REPUBLICAN LAWMAKERS SHUT DOWN A SPECIAL SESSION ON GUN VIOLENCE CALLED IN THE WAKE OF A DEADLY MASS SHOOTING IN VIRGINIA BEACH THIS SPRING AND HOPING TO SCORE A WIN IN WHAT SOME SAY IS A BELLWETHER FOR NEXT YEAR'S NATIONAL RACES.MICHIGAN RESIDENTS WOULDN’T NEED A PERMIT TO CARRY A CONCEALED FIREARM - AND COULD CARRY THEM INTO LOCATIONS WHERE THEY’RE CURRENTLY OFF-LIMITS - UNDER BILLS CURRENTLY UP FOR DEBATE IN A STATE HOUSE COMMITTEE. THE MAIN PIECE OF THE FIVE-BILL PACKAGE, HOUSE BILL 4770, WOULD ELIMINATE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS ON CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS AND STORING THEM IN VEHICLES, AND MAKE A CPL LICENSE UNNECESSARY - ALTHOUGH GUN OWNERS STILL COULD OPT TO GET THE LICENSE.THE FATHER OF A JEWISH BOY KILLED AT THE SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL WON A $450,000 JUDGMENT AGAINST THE EDITOR OF A BOOK THAT CLAIMED THE 2012 MASSACRE AT THE SCHOOL NEVER HAPPENED. A JURY IN WISCONSIN DETERMINED THE AMOUNT TO BE PAID TO LEONARD POZNER, WHOSE 6-YEAR-OLD SON NOAH WAS THE YOUNGEST OF THE 26 PEOPLE KILLED AT THE CONNECTICUT SCHOOL. THE SUPREME COURT WILL HEAR A GUN CONTROL CASE IN DECEMBER THAT COULD SIGNIFICANTLY LIMIT THE ABILITY OF STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS TO REGULATE GUNS FOR PUBLIC SAFETY REASONS. ALTHOUGH THAT ORIGINAL RULE IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT, FOR NOW THE COURT HAS NOT DETERMINED THE MATTER TO BE MOOT, SO THE CASE WILL MOVE FORWARD.

A man has been charged after police found more than 1,000 guns in his Los Angeles home

(CNN) A Los Angeles man found with more than 1,000 guns in his Bel-Air home in May was charged with 64 felony counts, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said Monday.

Girard Damian Saenz, 58, is charged with 23 counts of possession of an assault weapon, 17 counts of transfer of handgun with no licensed firearms dealer, 15 counts of unlawful assault weapon/.50 Browning Machine Gun rifle activity, seven counts of possession of a short-barreled rifle or shotgun, and two counts of possession of a destructive device, the office said.

State law prohibits the manufacture, distribution, transportation, importation and sale of any assault rifle or .50 BMG rifles, except in specific circumstances, according to the California Legislature.

Saenz pleaded not guilty during a Monday morning arraignment at the Los Angeles Superior Court. If convicted of the charges, he could face up to nearly 49 years in prison.

When he was arrested, authorities said there was no indication Saenz used the guns in crimes.

‘A hoarder’s house’

Saenz’s property resembled “a hoarder’s house” and it took 30 law enforcement officers more than 15 hours to clear the house and remove all the weapons, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation told CNN.

In aerial footage from the scene, hundreds of guns are seen scattered on what appeared to be blankets in the driveway. The weapons ranged from handguns to rifles. Police were seen taking inventory.

Los Angeles police share this image of the ammunition that officers found at the house. A law enforcement official said back in May they had not found any evidence linking Saenz to terrorism. [End of Story]

Download
Our Mobile App

and get our latest news and featured videos instantly

Download Now

BREAKING :
CNN’S ALISYN CAMEROTA DESERVES PRAISE FOR PUSHING 2020 DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE BETO O'ROURKE ON HIS GUN CONFISCATION SCHEME. HE HAD PREVIOUSLY SAID HE EXPECTED GUN OWNERS TO HAND OVER THEIR "WEAPONS OF WAR." CAMEROTA POINTED OUT THE ABSURDITY IN O'ROURKE'S VIEWS AND REMINDED HIM THAT MASS SHOOTERS DON'T FOLLOW THE LAW, SO HIS DESIRE TO BAN "ASSAULT WEAPONS" IS USELESS. NATIONAL GUN CONTROL GROUPS ARE POURING MONEY INTO VIRGINIA AHEAD OF THE STATE'S NOVEMBER LEGISLATIVE ELECTIONS, SEEKING TO ENERGIZE VOTERS FRUSTRATED BY THE WAY REPUBLICAN LAWMAKERS SHUT DOWN A SPECIAL SESSION ON GUN VIOLENCE CALLED IN THE WAKE OF A DEADLY MASS SHOOTING IN VIRGINIA BEACH THIS SPRING AND HOPING TO SCORE A WIN IN WHAT SOME SAY IS A BELLWETHER FOR NEXT YEAR'S NATIONAL RACES.MICHIGAN RESIDENTS WOULDN’T NEED A PERMIT TO CARRY A CONCEALED FIREARM - AND COULD CARRY THEM INTO LOCATIONS WHERE THEY’RE CURRENTLY OFF-LIMITS - UNDER BILLS CURRENTLY UP FOR DEBATE IN A STATE HOUSE COMMITTEE. THE MAIN PIECE OF THE FIVE-BILL PACKAGE, HOUSE BILL 4770, WOULD ELIMINATE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS ON CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS AND STORING THEM IN VEHICLES, AND MAKE A CPL LICENSE UNNECESSARY - ALTHOUGH GUN OWNERS STILL COULD OPT TO GET THE LICENSE.THE FATHER OF A JEWISH BOY KILLED AT THE SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL WON A $450,000 JUDGMENT AGAINST THE EDITOR OF A BOOK THAT CLAIMED THE 2012 MASSACRE AT THE SCHOOL NEVER HAPPENED. A JURY IN WISCONSIN DETERMINED THE AMOUNT TO BE PAID TO LEONARD POZNER, WHOSE 6-YEAR-OLD SON NOAH WAS THE YOUNGEST OF THE 26 PEOPLE KILLED AT THE CONNECTICUT SCHOOL. THE SUPREME COURT WILL HEAR A GUN CONTROL CASE IN DECEMBER THAT COULD SIGNIFICANTLY LIMIT THE ABILITY OF STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS TO REGULATE GUNS FOR PUBLIC SAFETY REASONS. ALTHOUGH THAT ORIGINAL RULE IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT, FOR NOW THE COURT HAS NOT DETERMINED THE MATTER TO BE MOOT, SO THE CASE WILL MOVE FORWARD.