NSSF http://www.gunvote.org

BHA Survive


Digital Daily Gun News Website

BREAKING :
ALEXANDRA ANDERSON, A 26-YEAR-OLD MOTHER OF TWO YOUNG CHILDREN, NEVER CONSIDERED GETTING A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT UNTIL LAST SPRING, WHEN UNREST AND VIOLENCE DOMINATED NEWS HEADLINES AND MADE HER FEEL UNEASY. HER FEARS BEGAN WHEN OGDEN, UTAH POLICE OFFICER NATE LYDAY WAS KILLED IN THE LINE OF DUTY. TWO DAYS LATER, WHAT BEGAN AS PEACEFUL PROTESTS IN DOWNTOWN SALT LAKE CITY CALLING FOR JUSTICE IN THE DEATH OF GEORGE FLOYD IN MINNESOTA, TURNED VIOLENT. A SALT LAKE CITY POLICE CAR WAS OVERTURNED AND SET ON FIRE. THAT WAS HER TIPPING POINT. ANDERSON DECIDED TO ENROLL IN A CONCEALED CARRY COURSE.TO SAY THAT THE BIDEN-HARRIS GUN-CONTROL LIST IS “COMPREHENSIVE” WOULD BE A DRAMATIC UNDERSTATEMENT. RATHER, IT REPRESENTS A VERITABLE INVENTORY OF EVERY MAJOR GUN-CONTROL MEASURE THAT HAS BEEN PROPOSED DURING THE LAST 30 YEARS. GIVEN THAT BOTH JOE BIDEN AND KAMALA HARRIS ARE ON THE RECORD SUPPORTING THE CONFISCATION OF AR-15-TYPE RIFLES—WHEN ASKED DURING A 2019 TELEVISION INTERVIEW WHETHER HE HOPED TO CONFISCATE AR-15S, BIDEN SAID “BINGO”.IN A RECORD YEAR OF GUN SALES, MANY HAVE BEEN BOUGHT BY FIRST-TIME GUN OWNERS, ACCORDING TO STORE OWNERS AND BACKGROUND CHECK STATISTICS. THE FBI HAS REPORTED MORE BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR GUN BUYERS THIS YEAR THAN DURING ANY YEAR SINCE TRACKING BEGAN IN 1998. TEXAS GUN STORE OWNERS AND FIREARMS EXPERTS BELIEVE MOST OF THESE NEW CUSTOMERS HAVE LITTLE TRAINING ON HOW TO HANDLE, STORE AND USE THE WEAPONS. EAGLE GUN RANGE OWNER DAVID PRINCE SAID HIS SALES HAVE MORE THAN DOUBLED THIS YEAR COMPARED TO LAST. AND MANY OF HIS CUSTOMERS HAVE TOLD HIM THEY ARE NEW, FIRST-TIME GUN OWNERS. A SHORTAGE OF AMMUNITION COULD BE A PROBLEM FOR SOME HUNTERS AS DEER SEASON GETS UNDERWAY IN VERMONT SO SOME HUNTERS HAVE TURNED TO A NEW OPTION; BOW HUNTING. "WE ACTUALLY RAN OUT [OF ARROWS] FOR A LITTLE WHILE. WE FINALLY MANAGED TO GET THEM BACK IN, BUT AGAIN, IT TOOK ALMOST A MONTH TO GET AN ORDER IN THAT SHOULD HAVE COME IN WITHIN FIVE DAYS,” SAID ARCHERY DEPT. MANAGER JON SANBORN.IF YOU’RE NEW TO HUNTING, OR HAVE BEEN BUT WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT IT, THERE’S AN OPPORTUNITY THIS WEEKEND IN SOUTH DAKOTA. ON SUNDAY, THE PHEASANTS FOREVER 2020 APPRENTICE HUNT WILL START AT 8 A.M., AND GO UNTIL LATE AFTERNOON. THE EVENT, WHICH IS FREE OF CHARGE, IS OPEN TO ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF 18. TO REGISTER, CALL 605-290-0109.

AR – INDUSTRY INSIDER – CZ-USA Pushes Port Plant Construction to June

Construction of Czech gun-maker CZ-USA’s gun manufacturing operation and North American headquarters on 73 acres at the Little Rock Port has been pushed to the summer. The project, announced with fanfare in April 2019, was valued at $90 million and expected to create 565 jobs. State officials said then that construction would begin “immediately,” with start-up planned for March 2020. Arkansas Economic Development Commission spokeswoman Chelsea O’Kelley provided the following statement to Arkansas Business on Thursday: “AEDC, the Port of Little Rock, and CZ have mutually agreed to extend to June 1, 2021, the date by which construction of CZ’s new plant must start. The delay is necessary because the COVID-19 pandemic has made travel between the Czech Republic and the U.S. very difficult. CZ staff must be able to freely travel to Little Rock in order to supervise construction. “We are hopeful that will improve by next Spring. We talk frequently with CZ leadership, and financing is not a concern,” the statement continues. “The ability for the company’s project and leadership teams to travel safely and uninterrupted is the reason for the date extension. CZ has emphasized that they remain committed to the project and are appreciative of our willingness to work with them on the construction timeline.” Earlier this year, the company began work on an initial public offering on the Prague Stock Exchange to fund an expansion that would include the Little Rock factory. Originally valued at more than $200 million, the company this month announced a dramatically smaller offering, one whose proceeds are now expected to be about $35 million, according to an Oct. 2 report by Reuters. According to the report, the chairman of CZ-USA’s parent, CZG-Ceska Zbrojovka Group, said the plant, “which will help CZG tap U.S. segments often protected by ‘Buy America’ laws, should be operating by the end of 2021.” The Reuters report also indicated that demand for the IPO had been “weak.” A staffer at CZ-USA told a reporter that its vice president of marketing was the only person who could answer questions about the delay, and he is unavailable until next week.  Bryan Day, executive director of the Little Rock Port Authority, is also out of the office until next week, according to his staff.  [full article]

Download
Our Mobile App

and get our latest news and featured videos instantly

Download Now