Latham, NY (May 28, 2019) – Vara Safety, a new tech startup in firearm safety, launches its childproof handgun safe for pre-orders this Friday, May 31st. Their innovation is named Reach and its unique design and technology has attracted thousands of people who own a handgun for home protection.
Reach is a hybrid between a holster and a gun safe designed for
families who care about protection. The system was engineered for both safe
firearm storage and immediate access in an emergency situation.
- A large biometric sensor that uses premier capacitance technology for accurate fingerprint data capture and high reliability. Add up to five authorized users, preventing children and intruders from unlocking the gun.
- A charging mount that keeps the safe plugged in for reliable power. The mount is versatile and can be used to secure Reach next to the bed, in the closet, under a desk, or in the vehicle.
- An internal backup battery that is rechargeable and holds power for an additional few months, in the case of an emergency power outage.
- A holster insert that can be changed out to your specific handgun model (i.e. Glock insert, 1911 insert, etc.).
- A mechanical key override as a physical means of backup.
Vara Safety is a mission-driven company, created with the intent to prevent firearm-related accidents in homes. A study by Firearm Storage Patterns in U.S. Homes with Children showed that 55% of U.S. homes with children and firearms have one or more guns in an unlocked place. Christine Tate, the Chief Operating Officer of Vara Safety, sees this company as “an opportunity to apply technology to a safety problem by creating innovative products that will save lives.” Learn more at varasafety.com.